Header

Facebook Pinterest Blog Home

Friday, April 19, 2013

Secret Brownie Recipe


I have been craving brownies lately (mostly because I'm trying to stay away from refined sugars) so I decided to try and find a good recipe using coconut oil.
I found one! It is by Thriving Mom, you can visit her blog HERE.
This is what she says about her Secret Brownie Recipe

  • "Everyone who tries my homemade brownies says I have the bestchocolate brownie recipe around. Friends and family always ask me to make my famous brownies. People can't get enough chocolate of my moist brownies. I can't go to a social function without being asked to bring a batch. I'm known around town and my daughter's school as the brownie lady.

    Brownie recipes call for either oil, shortening, or butter. I tried many different brownie recipes of each kind. Personally, I am rather fond of the butter recipes, but my husband and all our family and friends think I've found a real winner with an oil based brownie recipe.

    Why is it so yummy? Because I use coconut oil instead of the usual vegetable oil.

    Now, I know what you're thinking...and no, it doesn't make the brownies taste like coconut any more than using vegetable oil would make them taste like vegetables. There is just something supremely rich about the coconut oil that adds a ton of flavor.

    This coconut oil brownie recipe makes a super moist brownie that's almost fudge like, but the chocolate taste is rather mild. This combination makes a divinely moist brownie that can be devoured since it is not overly rich."
You will find the Secret Brownie recipe HERE. 
I'm going to try it out today, if you do too let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment